Just like good company makes any meal better, good local products make savouring Ontario beef an even more enjoyable experience. Born out of a passion for creating truly flavourful food, Fire in the Kitchen Spice Co. offers some of the most unique and versatile spice blends on the market. Made right here in Ontario, their outstanding collection of dry rubs – including Momma Grace’s Inspired Jerk Rub – offer the perfect complement to the great taste of Ontario beef.
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup flat Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground Ontario beef
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice, 2 limes
- 1 ½ tablespoons Fire in The Kitchen Jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
Easy Jerk Glaze
- ½ bottle BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted butter
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons Fire in The Kitchen Jerk seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground Ontario beef, diced onion, minced garlic, chopped parsley, lime juice, Fire in The Kitchen Jerk seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix until fully combined. Roll the mixture into 2-inch diameter meatballs and place them on the lined baking trays.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until fully cooked, about 18-20 minutes depending on size. The internal temperature for beef meatballs should be 169°F.
BBQ Jerk sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, bbq sauce, honey, pineapple juice, Fire in The Kitchen Jerk seasoning and garlic. Mix well. Once the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the heat and allow it to simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and shake/ toss until the meatballs are fully coated. OR pour sauce over the meatballs until fully coated. Serve hot and enjoy!
These meatballs can be served in so many ways, on their own, over a bed of Jamaican rice and beans or in a sub with a mango salsa and coleslaw.