- 1 pound Ontario ground beef
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (or cornstarch)
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Cooked cauliflower rice, for serving
- In a medium sized bowl combine ground beef, almond flour, parsley,basil, allspice, nutmeg, onion, garlic, salt, chili powder and egg. Mix until combined.
- Roll into 12 large meatballs. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and butter. Add the meatballs and cook turning continuously until brown on each side and cooked throughout, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer the cooked meatballs to a plate or bowl and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir in beef broth and heavy cream. Add worcestershire sauce and dijon mustard and bring to a simmer, then mix tapioca starch with water in a small bowl or cup and add it to the sauce. Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Top with fresh chives and serve over cauliflower rice.