2.5-3 lb piece Ontario beef chuck
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1.5 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne (optional)
- 2.5–3lb beef chuck roast piece
- ⅔ cup diced onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4–5 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cup low sodium Beef or chicken stock (or use a quarter of a boullion cube diluted with one cup water)
- Oil for searing the roast
- Season your roast very very well on all sides
- Preheat your instant pot on sauté mood and add oil after a minute.
- When it is hot then gently place your roast in the instant pot, turning and searing on all sides for 3-4 minutes each to form a crust.
- Now add your remaining ingredients into the instant pot and set it on manual mode for 55 minutes.
- Once the timer is off, let it naturally release for 20 minutes before quick releasing the rest of the steam.
- Your roast is ready! You can slice and serve it generously drizzled with the flavourful broth in the pot or shred it to make the most delicious sandwiches!
(Time saving tip: you can also use Montreal steak seasoning to season your roast!)