“Nam Tok” or Thai Beef Salad is a burst of flavour on a plate. It’s easy to make, and has big bold flavours that make it feel like a party on a plate! We bulk ours up with additional greens, but you can go the traditional route and skip them!
- 10 ounces NY Strip or Flank Steak
- Sea Salt & Coarse Pepper for Seasoning
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ½–1 minced thai green chilli
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 2–3 persian cucumbers
- One small onion
- 8–10 halved cherry tomatoes
- Half a bunch of scallions, green parts
- Half a bunch of cilantro
- Handful of mint leaves
- Sliced Red Chilli Pepper (optional)
- 2 cups of Mixed Greens (optional)
- Olive oil for drizzling over (optional)
- Let your steak come to room temperature. Pat it dry, season well on both sides, and cook until desired doneness. That would be approximately 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Let it rest for 15 minutes then slice thinly.
- Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients in a large bowl, adjust to taste then add the onion, tomatoes, and cucumber and let it sit for 15 minutes to lightly pickle the onions and help the tomatoes release their juices.
- Now add your remaining ingredients, mix well, and dig in!