2022 – Ontario Beef BBQ Battle – CRAZY FOR KABOBS
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Contest is intended for viewing and participation in Ontario only by legal residents of Ontario and shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Please do not proceed if you do not meet these requirements at the time of entry. Entry into the Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations.
ADMINISTRATION: The Contest is administered and operated by Beef Farmers of Ontario aka “Ontario Beef” with its principal office located at 130 Malcolm Road, Guelph, ON N1K 1B1 (the “Contest Operator”).
To be eligible to participate in the Contest, you must: (i) be a legal resident of Ontario and (ii) have attained the age of majority in Ontario at the time of participation.
Employees, representatives, directors, officers, and agents of the Contest Operator, its advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest, as well as members of the immediate family of any such persons, (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to participate and win. For the purpose of the Contest, “immediate family” is defined as parent, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons with whom they are domiciled, whether or not related.
By participating in the Contest, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Regulations and the Contest Operator’s decisions, which are final and binding without appeal in all matters related to the Contest and the awarding of the Prize.
Prize: There is one (1) prize to be won, consisting of one (1) BioLite FirePit+, (1) YETI Tundra ® 35 Hard Cooler, (1) Kabob Grilling Baskets, (6) Ontario Beef Striploin Steaks, Ontario Beef Grilling Accessories (the “Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Prize is CAD$900. The Winner will receive no compensation, credit, or prizing other than as disclosed in these Rules or otherwise provided at the sole discretion of the Contest Operator.
Prize Conditions: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) the Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable, or convertible to cash, and no substitutions will be made except at Contest Operator’s option; (ii) all costs or expenses related to the Prize not expressly stated in these Rules as being included with the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Contest Winner; (iii) if the Contest Winner does not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Operator, be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (iv) Contest Operator reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Contest Operator’s sole discretion, a cash award; (v) by accepting the Prize, the Contest Winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part; and (v) the Winner must sign and return the Contest Operator’s Declaration, Waiver, and Release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating in part that all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part, is waived. The Released Parties will not be held responsible for, and accept no liability in relation to, any costs or other damages incurred as a result of the Contest or the Prize. Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Contest Operator, in its sole discretion. The Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, provided by the Contest Operator.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR OTHERWISE IMPACT YOU BEING DESIGNATED AS A REWARD PARTICIPANT. To enter the Contest and have a chance to win the Prize, you must, between July 26, 2022 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and August 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Prize Contest Period”), complete the following steps:
- Create an Instagram or Facebook account, if you don’t already have one. Membership on Instagram and Facebook is free, and registration can be obtained by visiting www.instagram.com or www.facebook.com and following the on-screen instructions to open an account.
- From your personal Instagram or Facebook account, search for the Contest Operator’s official account @ontbeef. A copy of these Official Rules and Regulations will be available within the Contest Operator’s profile.
- Become a “follower” of @ontbeef to ensure that you will be able to receive notifications (if applicable) from the Contest Operator if your Submission is chosen as the Prize Winner.
- Post a submission (your “Submission”). Your Submission must include: (a) a photo of your own BBQ featuring beef; (b) include “@ontbeef”; and (c) the hash tag #crazyforkabobs. Content alteration of digital files is not acceptable; cropping of photos is permitted, tonal or colour corrections are acceptable, including black and white conversion. The Winning Entrant must be able to provide a high-resolution version of the photo submitted for reproduction (uncompressed TIFF or maximum quality JPEG, Grayscale or Colour (RGB)). Digital files should be 3600 pixels wide by 2700 pixels tall (or 12” x 9”) at 300 dpi. Entrants who fail to provide a high-resolution version within the time period set by the Contest Operator (not to exceed one week following prize notification) will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected by random draw. In such a case, no substitute prizes will be awarded. Any Submission that does not follow the above format or that has been altered or changed by a participant will be discarded.
- Only one Submission may be posted per person (an “Entrant”) during the Prize Contest Period.
By following “@ontbeef” and posting a Submission, each Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and Regulations, including but not limited to the Contest Operator’s right to share and re-post any Submission. Each Entrant agrees that, if declared the Winner, the Contest Operator shall have the right to use the Entrant’s name, address (city only), photograph, likeness, image, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes in relation to the Contest on any media whatsoever, without any further authorization, notice or compensation to the Entrant.
Each Entrant is responsible for uploading/transmitting the Entrant’s Submission. The Submission must: i) be developed by the Entrant or be fully owned by the Entrant; ii) be an original work; iii) not have been previously published or be the subject of an agreement with a third party; iv) not have been considered for or won previous awards; v) not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and vi) have been created in a legal and safe manner.
The Submission must not:
- contain defamatory words/statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group);
- threaten any person, place, business, or group;
- disparage persons or organizations associated with the Contest Parties;
- invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity;
- contain material that is in any way unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations where the submission is created;
- contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous; and
- refer to any person or organization without their prior express written permission.
By participating in the Contest and by submitting a Submission, an Entrant grants an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license to the Contest Organizer to use the material constituting the Submission at its entire discretion, including without limitation the right to edit or modify such material for commercial or promotional purposes without any compensation whatsoever owed to the Entrant. Each Entrant also waives all moral rights in or to the Submission to the extent required for the license granted hereunder.
The Contest Parties and each of their respective successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, or incompatible Submissions (all of which are void). All entries become the property of the Contest Operator.
All Submissions are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Operator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity, eligibility or compliance with these Rules (in a form acceptable to the Contest Operator). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Contest Operator in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Operator. The sole determinant of time for the purpose of a valid Entry will be the Contest Operator’s server machine(s).
Submissions submitted through fraudulent means or in any way tampered with, incorrect, unclear, forged, mutilated, illegible, indecipherable, or mechanically reproduced may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Operator. The Contest Operator reserves the right to disqualify any individual whom it finds in violation of these Official Rules and Regulations or tampering with the entry process. The Contest Operator reserves the right to refuse a Submission from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or any part of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Operator reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook AND/OR Instagram AND/OR any third-party service provider. Each of Facebook AND/OR Twitter Instagram AND/OR any third-party service provider is completely released of all liability by each Entrant. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Organization and not to Facebook AND/OR Instagram AND/OR any third-party service provider.
Each Submission must comply with these Rules and with the Facebook AND/OR Instagram AND/OR any third-party service provider terms and conditions of use, contract or other applicable guidelines available at www.instagram.com and www.facebook.com (collectively, the “Third Party Terms”). Any Submission (in whole or in part) that does not follow these Rules and/or the Third Party Terms, or that is otherwise deemed unacceptable by the Contest Organizer in its sole and absolute discretion, will be discarded and the Submission will be deemed ineligible.
- RANDOM PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
- Prize: At approximately 4:00 p.m. EDT on September 1, 2022, a random draw will be held in Toronto, ON (the “Draw Date”). One (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries that were submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received by the Contest Operator during the Prize Contest Period.
- Contacting Prospective Winner: The potential winner will be contacted by the Contest Operator via Instagram or Facebook (depending on where the Contest Entry was made) within one (1) week of being chosen. If the Finalist is unable to be contacted after three (3) attempts by the Contest Operator, the Finalist shall be deemed to have forfeited the Prize, and another prospective winner may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Operator, be selected and the same contact process will be followed. If the Prize remains unclaimed at the end of the Contest for any reason, the Contest Operator may, at its absolute discretion, select a Prize winner by random draw from among all remaining Entries. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with Entrants other than those who are potential Prize winners.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES:
To be declared the winner of the Prize (the “Winner”), the relevant Entrant must:
- have entered the Contest in compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and be eligible to win the Prize, pursuant to these Official Rules and Regulations;
- sign and return within five (5) of business days of notification by the Contest Operator:
- a Declaration, Waiver, and Release, in a form prescribed by the Contest Operator, which (among other things) confirms the Entrant’s acceptance and compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and releases the Contest Operator, Facebook, Instagram, and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, governors, members, shareholders, affiliates, representatives, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties“) from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the Prize as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of any potential winners; and
- a Consent to the announcement of the Winner’s name and the reproduction, publication, and/or other use of the Winner’s name, address (city only), photograph, likeness, image, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes in relation to the Contest in any media whatsoever, without any further authorization, notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carrying out by or on behalf of the Contest Operator in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast, or the internet; and
- correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance.
If a potential Winner (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize as awarded for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Operator in its sole and absolute discretion), then, the potential Winner may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Operator, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Operator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Submissions (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected Entrant).
By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to hold the Contest Operator and its agencies, affiliates, parent(s), subsidiaries, agents, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone else involved in the development, production or handling of the Contest and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of acceptance or use of the Prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the extent permitted by law, the Released Parties are not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, these Official Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of the winner or the distribution of the Prize. In addition, the Released Parties shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by any: (a) Entry, Prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (b) failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (c) e-mail, text message or other communication sent or received to or from the Contest Operator or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (d) incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in any part of the Contest; (e) technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; (f) problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation any features thereon), howsoever caused; (g) malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (h) functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (i) traffic congestion on the Internet; (j) security or privacy of information transmitted via telephone or computer networks; (k) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party “hackers” or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (l) printing errors appearing in these Official Rules and Regulations or related Contest materials.
The Contest Operator reserves the right to amend, suspend, or terminate the Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, without liability and without notice, for any reason, including in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Operator that interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these Rules.
- FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM: Facebook and Instagram have in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered the Contest; (ii) are not associated or connected with any part of the Contest in any manner whatsoever; and (iii) are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to the Contest. You understand that you are providing your information to Beef Farmers of Ontario and not to Facebook or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints will be directed to Beef Farmers of Ontario, not Facebook or Instagram. Facebook and Instagram are indemnified and held harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) for any claim related to the Contest including without limitation the publicity or administration thereof.
- SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS: Each part of the Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail and govern to the fullest extent permitted by law.